Dania Beach, FL– On Saturday, December 16th, from 9AM – 2PM, the PATCH and Dania Beach Community Redevelopment Agency (DBCRA) team up with Family In Distress, Conflict Coaches, Dismas Charities and the Broward County Sheriff’s Office to host a spectacular Holiday Event with something for everyone. The event will feature live performances, festive music, free meals, holiday crafts, raffles and giveaways. This event will bring holiday cheer to the whole family.
“We are grateful to partner with these wonderful organizations to bring the community a festive event that celebrates the holiday season. We invite all families in the area to attend and take advantage of the abundant giveaways,” states Rickelle Williams, Executive Director of the DBCRA.
Family in Distress founder, Dr. Cheryl White-Holt says she was inspired while living in Canada. She had a vision to help those in need and founded ‘Family In Distress’ five years ago with the help of many volunteers. “We wanted to host a festive event for the Dania Beach community to show our support and commitment for families who are struggling through the holiday season. The goal of our programs is to holistically transform families—providing enhanced prospects for their futures,” states Dr. White-Holt.
Holiday Event Activities feature:
- Shop early for your Holiday dinner side-staples at the market (EBT/SNAP receive 50% off Florida-grown produce)
- Holiday crafts for the children
- Garden tours
- Register for a FREE Orchid workshop on Eventbrite (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/free-orchid-workshop-at-the-patch-tickets-4...)
- Scavenger hunt
- Live Family Entertainment scheduled throughout the day featuring L.P.E. Lightfoot Premier Entertainment - Disc Jockey, Bella Stroup – Songstress, Africa Watoto Dance Theatre, Lashell Dance Group, Danny Duarte - Latin Fusion & Classical Pianist, and Singer Mr. Eddie Gunter.
- Unique art and craft vendors
- Gift card raffles
- FREE BBQ (while supplies last)
- FREE grab bags (while supplies last)
- Toys for Tots Giveaway
About the PATCH Farm and Market
The PATCH Farm and Market is located at 1201 W. Dania Beach Boulevard, Dania Beach, FL. The PATCH was created as an environmentally and economically sustainable urban farming system within the community, that creates a network of secure healthy food sources of naturally grown vegetables and fruits, while providing local jobs and vocational training in the sustainable agricultural industry to the residents of the community. The market is open to the public every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and every 3rd Saturday of the month the PATCH hosts special family events. For more information visit www.thepatchgarden.com or call 954-924-6801.